This article about how to setup Hierarchical Model-View-Controller (HMVC) on CodeIgniter 2.1.2. Here we go the step how to seting up on CodeIgniter 2.1 :
- Download wiredesignz HMVC zip file from bitbucket.org.
- Extract the files from the zip.
- Move all of the files from the newly extracted folder’s
./core/directory to CodeIgniter’s
/application/core/directory on your server.
- Move the
MXdirectory and all of its files from the newly extracted folder’s
./third-party/directory to CodeIgniter’s
/application/third-party/directory on your server.
- Going to application folder and create the new one folder called /application/modules/
- Add the following to your
/application/config/config.phpfile on your server:
$config['modules_locations'] = array(
APPPATH.'modules/' => '../modules/',
How to test ? like usual you do with CI. Dont forget to create the Hierarchical Folder like bellow:
If you feel this tutorial to short, you can try this file on your desk. This is a package CodeIgniter 2.1.2 with HMVC , you can download this file.
Enjoy and happy coding!